Adding a trellis or arbor to your current hardscape design can do amazing things for the property. An arbor or trellis can serve as a way to create dimension in the landscape, add a pop of color to your house or property and provide support for the plants around your yard. All American Fence Corporation, your fence company in the East Bay and surrounding area, does more than build and install quality fences. We also work with you to design and construct the perfect trellis or arbor to enhance your property.
Understanding the Difference between a Trellis and an Arbor
Homeowners have used trellises and arbors almost since humanity planted the first gardens. The staff at All American Fence Corporation understands that the right structure can take a landscaping project to a completely new level.
Landscaping experts often interchange the term trellis and arbor when talking about structures for your property. There are some differences, however. A trellis is a flat structure used to lend support to a climbing plant. Quite often, they are placed against a vertical wall and are mostly made from latticework. An arbor, on the other hand, is a freestanding structure with four columns and a lattice roof. It is possible to corporate the use of a trellis with the arbor and this is likely why the two are used interchangeably.
All American Fence Corporation will help you create a design to incorporate the right structures for your particular needs and vision.
Ways to Use a Trellis
- Supporting Plants –A trellis supports climbing plants but can also train plants to a particular shape or design.
- Adding height to a location –Installing a trellis can add height to your landscape as well as provide dimension.
- Create a statement of color or design – Choose a color to contrast the surrounding materials. This allows the trellis to stand out and become the focal point of the landscape.
Benefits of an Arbor
- Defines a space – An arbor can be used like a doorway which becomes an entrance to a specific spot in your garden or yard.
- Shades an area – An arbor with a tight lattice or solid roof creates a shaded area for seating or special plants.
- Makes a statement – An arbor, when combined with a trellis or two, holds up a tunnel of blossoms.
- Frame a view – Place your arbor strategically to create a frame around a specific view in your landscaping which also adds emphasis to that area.
All American Fence Corporation is available to help you design uses for an arbor or trellises in your next landscaping project. Both structures add beauty and focal points to gardens and have for centuries. We want to help you bring the vision for your trellis or arbor design to life.